I have to get something off my chest. Ever since last night, I have come to the conclusion my father only agreed to tell me about his cancer and dying because he realized the possibility of his wife gaining his father’s trust fund was unlikely. Therefore, if he acted like he wanted to see me one last time, speak to me one last time, etc. I might be more compassionate about helping his wife out after his death. And I feel his wife may have put him up to it.
Why do I think this? Well, let’s take a closer look at some of the facts.
- The stories I have heard from my stepmother, two stepsisters, and stepbrother all match: My father didn’t want to contact me initially to tell me he was dying. He was talked into it by his wife, my stepmother.
- My stepmother has been living life pretty good for the past seven years. Drove around in BMWs, owned racehorses, got to travel plenty. She now is getting nothing. She doesn’t know how to live like that, I fear.
- My stepmother has tried and failed to get money from the trust fund to pay for my father’s funeral arrangements. Only person who can authorize it happens to be the one sitting here in this chair. (And I don’t even know if I can yet because I have to wait several months before even getting one penny from them.)
- It’s been less than two weeks since my father’s death and my stepmother and her son have called me up already, hitting me up for money. To pay for the funeral. From the trust fund that just refused them.
- My stepmother has always bullied me into submitting to her way in the past. She must have thought I was like my 19 year old, naive past self still. She’s in for a rude awakening because I am not.