A Closer Look at Me
I have been challenged by a friend to write about things people may be surprised to know about me. (Thanks, friend, by the way.) I honestly didn’t even know how to start answering that. I sat on it a few days. I thought about it a lot. I pondered. I wondered. I scribbled notes on the side of my daily planner. I guess I have come up with a short list for the time being.
1. I do not like to debate about my personal beliefs and opinions. I keep them to myself, nine times out of ten. I may answer that I am a Lutheran if asked. I will not engage in a religion debate though. I accept that everyone has different beliefs and opinions. I respect that. I just do not want to sit down and debate about it. I have seen what debates like these could lead too. I don’t want that. I am sorry to disappoint anyone who wants to have a debate with me on anything, such as politics, religion, and abortion. I will not respond. (And not because I am an uneducated nitwit, thank you very much.)
2. I do not want to get married. Ever. Unless it’s to Tom Hiddleston, Benedict Cumberbatch, or Johnny Depp. Those are the only ones I may consider marrying. And even then, it’s a 50/50 shot. While every little girl, I dream of finding my soul mate. I just do not think I need a piece of paper telling me I can be with them legally. Besides, divorce is messy.
3. I wear baggy clothes to hide my body. Not that I am self conscience of my body. I just do not like being gawked at. I do not like guys making my body feel like a sex object. Like me for my personality. Not for my body.
4. I hate driving. I have a car. I have my license. I still hate driving. If I can avoid it, I will. If I can’t, then I will be the one driving like a little old lady who cannot reach the foot petal. I fear giving driving lessons to my children in the future. I’m hoping their grandparents will still be around for that. Let them do it. I’m a chicken.
5. I write a lot of posts, but never publish them. Sometimes, I just write to get things off my mind, but am worried about others reading them. So they sit in the drafts folder. Sometimes I think the posts are just too horrible for any one’s eyes. I am highly critical about my writing. I have restarted this post a total of 5 times, to be honest. I don’t know if this is a normal thing, but it’s my thing. I have always been critical of my work. I don’t know why.
6. I am addicted to changing my blog’s theme. I try to match it to my mood. Or else I just get bored with it. I’m hoping to keep this one around for a while. So sorry if anyone notices my obsessive theme changing. I have told myself off for it today after changing it twice. I will keep this one for a while, unless they introduce a new one sometime soon…Then all bets are off.
Well, I may write another blog like this sometime in the future. It’s fun challenging myself and totally makes me think about myself as a person. So, woo-hoo.